Friday, January 28, 2011

saltines and 7-Up are played out.

Remember when I said I thought I was done being sick? Well, I ended up getting re-sick...or maybe it's not re-sick when you contract a different illness while recovering from the original illness. I'm not sure how that all works, but let me tell you, it's no fun having two unrelated viruses in your body, each intent on doing its own virus thing. At least, I hope they're unrelated. I suppose I could be Patient Zero for some new and terrible super-virus, but I certainly hope not.


I think I'm mostly better tonight. I made and ate some soup. I took a shower. I did the dishes. Those are the sorts of things you do when you're on the mend, right? You crawl out of bed, and take control of housework, and do something about the creature that your hair has become.


Yes. So, check. Check, check. 


I let all my projects lie fallow while I was under the weather--figuring that it was probably a good idea not to put my Typhoid Mary hands all over something I planned to give as a gift. It seemed like the responsible thing to do. The result is that my hands have been largely unoccupied for the past four days, and I feel like I have a bit of catching up.


Here's a hat that I finished pre-illness(es). I've dubbed it the Copycat Hat because Catherine was the first Nicolai to make this hat (for her trip to Iceland), and I'm following in her knitted footsteps. And I've realized that it really is quite difficult to get a decent picture of yourself wearing a hat when you live alone. Doubt me? Try taking a picture of the back of your head. Not exactly easy.







The name of the hat pattern is Nehalem Hat (AC308) by Oat Couture. You can probably find the pattern at your local yarn shop. Catherine found hers at Canvas Works in Olympia, Wa. Other details? I knitted my hat with Mirasol's Miski yarn in jade, and it only took a couple of days. It's a pretty simple project. Knit on!

1 comment:

  1. Indeed, this achievement is a real wonder, thank you for this article anyway.

    voyance par mail gratuit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...