Monday, August 27, 2012

Capitol of the Midwest


This is the Iowa state capitol in Des Moines. I was visiting this weekend for a wedding and had occasion to wander the capitol and its grounds. If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend it. The building is beautiful, and there are free guided tours. I couldn't take one--because I was about to be late for a wedding--but I did hear a little something about
 tours including the dome. The dome! Oh man, next time for sure. One of the wedding guests, a Des Moines native (biased much?), told me that their capitol is the most beautiful in America. Still, I'm pretty close to convinced...






And look at the treasures I found on the capitol campus!



For more random adventuring, nature treasures, and catness, visit me on instagram. 
@christinesuzanne
or

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...