Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Purls and Peanut: Vogue Wrap Complete!




I have finished the #21 Vogue Lace Shawl! Behold the glory!


Peanut insisted on assisting in the finishing process. She was a real pain until she passed out...


Then she was a great yarn-holding-assistant. Peanut and my efforts combined created a pretty lace wrap which will suit me well for Autumn (it's Autumn now!).



I enjoyed knitting this shawl. It's the first one I've knitted with myself in mind. The first shawl I knit was done in fingering weight yarn and was a royal pain. I knit it for my mom for Christmas a couple of years ago, but I don't think she uses it nearly enough. All the effort that goes into knitting needs to be appreciated!

The Details:

Pattern:  #21 Lace Shawl Fall 2011 Vogue Knitting Magazine
Yarn:  Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash Sport--1946 Silver Gray
(PS they're based in Seattle but their yarn is made in Peru)

One last thing: Follow me on Ravelry. If you don't have a Ravelry account, get one.

2 comments:

  1. My daughter has finished the center panel on this shawl- she has started the wings three times- are they rectangular or are the triangles? When I read the pattern the wings appear to be rectangles- I don't seen any decreases for shaping on the wings. Can you provide some assistance please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim. I hate it when patterns aren't clear. It's so frustrating. I can't find my copy of the Vogue Knitting magazine this came out of, but looking at my shawl it appears they are rectangles. I remember picking up stitches from the center panel and then knitting out from there. I'm pretty sure it just gives the illusion of being a triangle but is indeed a rectangle.
      I hope your daughter is successful! It really is a nice wrap.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...