Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Make: Paisley Skirt


There is nothing more satisfying than finding an amazing patterned skirt or dress at the thrift store. On the other hand, there is no bigger bummer than discovering that your find is a bit awkward, too big or too small.

Recently, I found a great (but terribly matronly and awkward) paisley skirt at the thrift store. It was way too long, and the waist was about an inch too small...



 Along with the skirt, I also obtained some other amazingly awful style items. I'm excited to undertake a classy paisley dress.


My simple solution to the sad truth of the skirt I found. I hemmed it up to a more flattering length, used the excess fabric and made a ribbon tie in the back where the buttons had been. Pretty easy, and very satisfying.

2 comments:

  1. That's so cute!! You did a great job with hemming it and I love the tie back!

    Mackenzie
    www.heybirdfriend.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...