Saturday, August 24, 2013

Brief Musical Interlude: Daughter


Well darn it. I forgot to post this on Wednesday. That was our Port Townsend day, and there was some hustling to get out of the house at a reasonable hour. A countdown may have been involved. So, Saturday it is!

Anyway: Daughter. Out of London, this threesome has delivered a dreamy and earnest grouping of songs, full of longing and sweet laments. This album has a teenage winter feel to me. And by that I mean that if I were seventeen and it was winter, I'd sit outside while listening to this and watch my breath fog and just yearn and yearn and yearn for things I couldn't quite define. (Hey, the leading song is called "Winter." Just noticed that.)

If you need more than YouTube has to offer, you can check out the Daughter SoundCloud.

P.S. Daughter also does a phenomenal cover of Daft Punk's "Get Lucky."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...