Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Peanut & Purls: Last Minute Christmas Presents


Christmas is way too close now. I thought I was ready. I was even getting smug about it. That is, I was getting all smug about it until I decided to throw in another hand knit present. Now what the hell am I going to do?


I know I'm going to be under serious knitting pressure these next couple of days, but it'll be worth it. This scarf is being knit for just about the swellest guy I know. Seriously, the swellest. Peanut has been kind of MIA as a knitting assistant. Today, Genevieve gladly took her spot. Genevieve looks skeptical, like I won't be able to get this scarf knit (but she's always skeptical...of everything...all the time).


If I only had the scarf left to knit then I wouldn't be so concerned, but remember those extra complicated Battlestar Galactica socks? Yeah, those haven't been touched in DAYS! I have to finish this scarf first. Sigh, knitting is supposed to be fun!


Knitting dets:
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca in a dark gray (unfortunately they don't name their colors...boring snore). 
Pattern: The scarf pictured is this. It looks nice, but it's too slow to knit. I ripped it out. Yup, what's pictured above existed today at lunch, now it's a thing of the past. I'm doing a moss stitch.
Current knitting music jam: Regulate, Warren G.

Moss stitch for the win. I hope your Christmas knitting is going swimmingly. Ok, seriously I have to get back to the knitting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...